This sweet, spicy, and tangy combination of corn, tomatoes, and black beans is a delectable main-course vegan salad that will have you savoring every tasty bite. You can also wrap it up in a tortilla or serve it as a beautiful vegan side dish.
Southwest Vegan Salad
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 to 3 roma tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons canned chipotle in adobo sauce (mince chipotle)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine corn, onion, black beans, tomatoes, olive oil, lime zest and juice, and chipotle, tossing to coat.
- Divide salad into bowls and top with avocado. Garnish with cilantro to serve.