Curry is the ultimate winter comfort food, with its heartiness and warm, enchantingly fragrant spices. This vegan curry features potatoes and garbanzo beans tantalizingly seasoned and delectably moistened with coconut milk. If you’re bored with your usual vegan holiday dishes, serve a vegan curry and you’ll have plenty of happy holiday guests at your table.
Vegan Potato Curry
- 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- Cook potatoes in a large pot of salted boiling water over high heat until just tender. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring often, until softened and golden. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute.
- Add spices, ginger, and salt, and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, garbanzo beans, potatoes, and coconut milk. Simmer for 10 minutes. Serve warm.