No need to waste your time scanning the supermarket condiments aisle hoping you’ll find a truly vegan salad dressing. Tracye Lynn McQuirter, MPH, author of the vegan cookbook By Any Greens Necessary: A Revolutionary Guide for Black Women Who Want to Eat Great, Get Healthy, Lose Weight, and Look Phat (Lawrence Hill, 2010). McQuirter adopted this vegan salad dressing recipe from vegan chef Denzel Mitchell, Jr. and says that it certainly lives up to it’s name (Me So Sexy!).
Miso Sexy Dressing
Makes about 1-1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup raw tahini
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely chopped
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add water for a thinner consistency.
- Enjoy as a dip or use as salad dressing.