Healthy, protein-rich, and scrumptiously filling, this vegan soup is made with two superstar foods: quinoa and edamame (fresh soybeans). Deliciously flavored with garlic, roasted peppers, lime zest, and fresh herbs, this yummy vegan comfort food will feed your belly and soul. Make extra and freeze in individual containers for healthy grab and go vegan lunches when you are trying to get your family out the door in the morning.
Quinoa and Edamame
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Juice and grated zest of 2 limes
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1-1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened.
- Add garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add lime juice and zest, peppers, quinoa, and broth. Bring to a boil the reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer for 10 minutes then add edamame and simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until edamame is heated through.
- Stir in parsley or cilantro and serve hot.