It’s amazing how after we get done with Thanksgiving dinner and all the food that entailed it, we’re still ready for dessert. Well, bring on the Vegan dessert! Try this vegan coconut cream pie for a creamy, sweet finish to your Thanksgiving dinner. Your non-vegan and vegan guests will absolutely love this sweet treat. Everything used is all vegan ingredients so you don’t have any of those not-so-great-for-you preservatives.
This is not only delicious, but simple to make with the right amount of time.
Vegan Classic Coconut Cream Pie
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 3 cups coconut milk (or 2 cups coconut milk and 1 cup soymilk, depending on desired richness)
- 1/2 cup blended soft tofu
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 9″ pre-baked pie crust
- 1 cup vegan whipped topping of choice
- Spread coconut flakes on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven at 350 fahrenheit for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine coconut milk, tofu, sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add 3/4 cup toasted coconut and vanilla. Stir well. Pour into pie crust and place in fridge. Chill pie in fridge for 3 hours, or until firm.
- Remove from fridge and spread whipped topping evenly over the pie. Sprinkle with remaining toasted coconut, and voila! You have a delicious, decadent coconut cream pie.
Makes: 1 pie
Preparation time: 3 hours and 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Find your entire Thanksgiving menu here on MisoVegan.
Try this Cranberry Slaw that’s easy and delicious.
This Vegan Apple Pie is perfect for a vegan Thanksgiving.